Hello little oven... let's be friends!
A LOT has happened since I last posted in March?!
2014 sure has been fun-filled so far!
Let's catch up:
- I spent one last semester in Charlottesville... and it was so wonderful! Leaving on the other hand, was bittersweet.
- I made a few cake pops and frosted a few (hundred) cupcakes at SweetHaus.
- I've interviewed at a couple elementary schools... still on the job hunt.
- I graduated!!
- It's now June! We are in the WEDDING MONTH! In about 25 days, I'll be hitched. Gah!!
- Finally, I MOVED to DC! Which is where this little oven lives.
...And we're getting acquainted - me and this little oven. It's been a while since I've baked somewhere other than SweetHaus... kind of feels strange, but I've missed it. This oven lives in my new apartment where I'll be living w/ my soon-to-be husband (?!), Isaac. And I can't wait :).
I decided to make cookies based on what I had on hand... which was ingredients for these: oatmeal chocolate chip cookies! A consistent and reliable cookie when everything else around you seems to be changing (job, life, city, etc.) - but I couldn't be more excited!!! Let's just say I'll have a lot to blog about ;)
Also, It's a good thing this recipe makes a couple dozen cookies... the first batch was a little burnt. Oops! haha. Every oven is different and unique, right? :)
Now that I have some time on my hands, hopefully I can bake/blog some more! Look out for some more posts, soon!